New skateboard entry, session, has a community-made trailer that’s all about style
The skateboarding genre is alive and kickflipping again, with titles coming in droves and fast, and all with different stances. From the remastered Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 to the re-released, to the very sleek recently released OlliOlli World, we haven’t seen the world of giant wheeled emery boards so easily represented in digital space.
And this momentum does not weaken, with Nacon and Creature Studios‘ Session currently doing the community rounds in both Early Access on To smoke and Xbox preview to Microsoftconsole, before its full release later this year.
And while the game has yet to hit the mainstream, those who beat its test pavement are quickly building a strong community base, and in the world of skateboarding, those communities often focus on tricks and style, Session being no exception. to that, as the video embedded above can attest.
The video itself is made up of the winners of a video submission composed by the developers and publisher, in part to highlight the realism of the game, but also to showcase its video editing tools.
Here’s a little something extra, though, from the developers on Session’s place in the grand scheme of things:
After a month-long competition open to the entire community, NACON and Crea-ture Studio selected 7 of the most impressive videos, in which each participant performed and recorded perfect skateboard tricks. The unique in-game tool allows the player to shoot stunts, add filters, add a fisheye effect and edit directly in-game. And as Session’s play area is incredibly large and realistic, skaters have a great time. The skater’s catchphrase, “If it’s not on tape, then it doesn’t exist” is exemplified by a T in Session.
Session invites players to immerse themselves in the true skateboarding lifestyle of the 1990s, when every stretch of sidewalk and every staircase was a sweet spot for your favorite stunt. The game’s ultra-realistic physics bring the thrill of skateboarding to life, and the studio has even integrated revolutionary gameplay, a first in a skateboarding game: the “True Stance Stick”, where each foot is independently controlled using the two sticks. With a learning curve as steep as in real life, players must practice controlling their board and pulling off all the different tricks available in the game, from the simplest to the most complicated. The integrated editing tool allows each player to immortalize their greatest exploits on video.
Now players can find the following items in-game:
- All the real sensations of skateboarding: Realism, immersion and difficulty like when learning to skate… something to delight skate fans.
- Innovative gameplay: With dual-stick controls, each stick represents one of your feet. You have to think about every movement to be able to manage and transfer your weight like in real life.
- Official content that will continue to be expanded: Currently, 4 pro skaters are available, and the game includes iconic clothing and skate brands that are real references for all skaters
- Legendary locations selected by the game’s creators: Black Hubbas (New York), Brooklyn Banks (New York), 1:1 scale.
- An ultra-complete video tool: because you need a video to prove that you have achieved a perfect stunt, the game has an integrated video editor that includes different filters, several types of cameras and many more options that you can explore in the Game.
More content and details surrounding the game will be revealed later this month, and before that we’ve secured access to the current version of the game, so stay tuned for our own expert thoughts on the spot. of Session among the current crop of skating titles.